If you love Mounds bars this is the treat for you! A great homemade candy without excessive sweeteners and sugar.
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- 4 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- 5 tablespoons coconut oil (substitution not recommended)
- 1 teaspoon alcohol-free vanilla
- 4 ounces dark chocolate
- Pulse the coconut in a blender or food processor until the texture becomes like thick flour. Transfer to a bowl and add the honey or maple syrup (your choice), coconut oil, and vanilla. Stir until a thick paste forms.
- Using your hands, squeeze the mixture in your palm a few times shaping them into an oval then into about 18 1/2″ round balls. Pace the coconut balls on a parchment lined cookie sheet and refrigerate for about 30 minutes or until firm.
- Melt the chocolate over a double-boiler slowly and gently until smooth and spreadable.
- Using two forks, roll each coconut ball in the chocolate until completely covered. Scoop the ball out with the fork and let the extra chocolate drip off the fork. Gently nudge the chocolate covered ball onto the parchment lined cookie sheet. Garnish with a sprinkling of coconut on top (optional) and chill until the chocolate has hardened. Store in the refrigerator.