Using organic ingredients, this can be eaten as a snack or a dessert and contains no refined or added sugar.
- 1 cup Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 cup raw almonds
- ¼ cup almond butter
- 1-2 tbsp. water
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. cocoa powder or carob powder
- 2 Emmy’s Organic Dark Chocolate Macaroons, optional
- pinch sea salt
- Combine all ingredients with the exception of only 1 tablespoon of water in a food processor and pulse until mixture forms into a dough ball and is smooth yet still has a few tiny chunks of almonds. (Add another tablespoon of water if needed to get to the desired consistency.)
- Press the dough into a jellyroll pan or on a cutting board and slice into 6 bars and serve.
- Store, wrapped, in fridge.