Preventing liver disease progression is straightforward with this three-part liver support program.
As one of the U.S.’s leading causes of death, liver disease is one of our nation’s biggest health challenges. With a few exceptions, chronic liver disease is typically managed – not cured. Those affected are often left to their own research and self-care efforts to protect and support their liver from liver disease progression.
The array of supplemental liver support options makes choosing the best liver support routine confusing. As such, experts at Natural Wellness are sharing their knowledge on the most effective items for liver protection, preservation and regeneration.
About Chronic Liver Disease
Chronic liver disease describes any of the many types of liver disease where there is a continual attack on the liver lasting greater than six months. Regardless of whether the liver is infected with a virus, under attack from your immune system or battling an accumulation of fat, liver damage is likely to progress if unabated. Experts estimate at least 30 million Americans have some form of liver disease.
A healthy liver performs many vital functions; it helps fight infections, cleans the blood, aids in digestion, stores energy and manufactures essential chemicals and hormones. The liver is blessed with being able to regenerate after being injured. However, chronic liver disease impairs this regenerative capability and can impede the liver’s role in fulfilling many of its vital functions.
Liver Disease Progression
The progression of liver disease is broken down into three stages:
- Inflammation – Any threat to the liver’s health causes inflammation. Drinking alcohol, inundation with toxins or free radicals, being enveloped by fatty tissue or attacks from a liver virus all cause inflammation. If the inflammation continues, it can cause liver cell injury.
- Fibrosis – Inflammation that persists causes liver scarring. When scar tissue replaces healthy liver tissue it is called fibrosis. Fibrotic tissue impairs blood flow through the liver and limits this organ’s function.
- Cirrhosis – If fibrosis persists it causes severe, irreversible scarring called cirrhosis. Cirrhosis is described as the irreversible hardening and shrinking of liver that is associated with a long list of health complications. Cirrhosis reduces the liver’s inability to perform its functions. Cirrhosis increases vulnerability to the development of primary liver cancer and/or liver failure.
Preventing chronic liver disease from progressing enables the millions of people affected to live a long and healthy life.
Preventing Liver Disease Progression
Inflammation is the first stage that leads toward liver damage. Because there are many ways to encourage AND to discourage liver inflammation, lifestyle adjustments are the first line of defense for preventing liver disease progression.
The top ways to encourage liver inflammation (which is not wanted) include:
- Drinking alcohol
- Being exposed to toxins in food, drink and the environment
- Consuming high amounts of chemicals, sugar and fat
On the contrary, the top ways to discourage liver inflammation include:
- Avoiding alcohol
- Minimizing toxin exposure
- Minimizing consumption of chemicals, sugar and fat
- Consuming foods rich in protein, fiber, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants
- Being active
Although consuming foods rich in protein, fiber, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants is ideal, most of us don’t get enough of these substances to prevent liver disease progression. Thankfully, there are many supplements that fill this gap by reducing liver inflammation, protecting liver cells and encouraging liver cell regeneration.
Supplement Combo to Support Liver Health
Sifting through all of the products marketed towards liver health can be overwhelming, especially when faced with the urgency of stopping or reversing liver damage. To help those looking for the ultimate liver protection, the following three supplements provide the liver with the most effective tools for battling inflammation, reversing scar tissue and regeneration:
1. UltraThistle – Milk thistle is the single best herb for supporting the liver; it strengthens liver cells, reduces liver inflammation, helps reduce toxins in the liver and reduces blood fat levels. UltraThistle is the best milk thistle available because it’s in a form that is scientifically proven to be up to 10 times more absorbable and up to 20 times more effective than standard milk thistle formulas.
2. Clinical Liver Support – This physician-formulated supplement contains 12 liver supportive and protective supplements in one bottle, that work synergistically to reduce inflammation, halt the progression of scarring in the liver and to regenerate healthy liver cells. These include a potent form of curcumin to reduce inflammation and remove toxins from the liver, N-Acetyl Cysteine which defeats damaging free radicals in the liver, and mixed phospholipids which promote the breakdown of liver fat and reduce inflammation, to name a few.
3. UltraNourish – This comprehensive superfood shake is loaded with high quality liver-supportive herbs, protein, vitamins, minerals, fruit, vegetables, fiber, antioxidants, probiotics and enzymes. This shake provides everything needed for healthy liver cell regeneration, a vital component of preventing liver disease progression.
For those who are serious about protecting their liver from the domino effect that repeated inflammation creates, this supplement trio works to maintain the highest level of liver function possible. With UltraThistle reducing inflammation, strengthening liver cells and helping with detoxification; Clinical Liver Support helping to reduce toxins and fat in the liver; and UltraNourish providing the raw material for liver cell regeneration – this combination gives people aiming to deflect liver damage a compelling route towards optimal liver function.
Editor’s Note: Always consult with your physician before adding or removing supplements to your routine. In addition, a liver care program should always include eating a healthy diet and exercising regularly.
http://www.ausdbenefits.com/assets/pdf/The%20Progression%20of%20Liver%20Disease.pdf, The Progression of Liver Disease, Retrieved May 1, 2016, Alhambra Unified School District, 2016.
http://www.liverfoundation.org/education/liverlowdown/ll1013/bigpicture/, Liver Disease, The Big Picture, Retrieved May 1, 2016, American Liver Foundation, 2016.